CNY has been more or less the same for me. Reunion dinner, having our annual cousins' KTV outing, and waiting for all my relatives to come to my house on 初一. This year feels a little quieter though, cos my sister and another one of my cousin are already married, and they couldnt join some of our gatherings anymore. But well well, I guess as time passes, and all of us get married one by one, year by year it will get less and less 热闹. My mum was saying that we all 翅膀硬了,全部都要飞了, haha.
My cousins and I were just talking over reunion dinner about how it would be like 10 years down the road. Most probably, there will only be 2 of my male cousins left for reunion dinner because the rest of us girls will already be married and will be joining our partners elsewhere. Just thinking about is quite interesting! And its also kinda sad in a sense, because I'll really miss such times with my cousins and family! Shall cherish my remaining 5-6 years before I get married (I HOPE), haha.
Had a long day of visitation todayyyyyyyy.
This year's new year is a little more special because I spent it with the Choir peeps too! Went to Adam's house yesterday for Mahjong and Monopoly Deal. And I just came back not long ago from the movie, "Homecoming"! Its really not bad, and I loved it :D
There was one dialoque that really made me reflect quite a bit.
In the show, the mum was telling the daughter-in-law that it is true that families can have dinner everyday even if it isnt Chinese New Year eve, even when it isnt time for reunion dinner. But the reason why a reunion dinner is special, is because its a tradition, and it holds a special meaning. It is just like how everyone can give presents to people at any time of the year. But people still choose to give presents on Christmas Day because it means something special, and giving gifts on any other day wouldnt be the same.
How true. Hmmmm.